Zone master is not Authoritative.

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Jun 19 17:28:24 UTC 2000

In article <394E4340.7CE8E87B at ugsolutions.com>,
Stephen Carville  <carville at ugsolutions.com> wrote:
>Any idea what is causing this error message.  It look like my zone
>master no longer thinks it is authoritative.
>
>Jun 19 08:51:03 ops named[27715]: unapproved AXFR from
>[134.244.128.34].3096 for "ugsolutions.com" (not authoritative)
>
>134.244.128.34 is a slave server for the zone and the server this
>message is appearing on (134.244.64.11) is master for the zone:

It means the master server noticed a syntax error when loading the zone
file, so it made itself non-authoritative to prevent the bad zone from
propagating to the slaves.

The specific error message should be in the log file, shortly after the
"starting" or "reload" log message.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA