MX record loops back?

M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com
Mon Jun 19 19:44:07 UTC 2000

Greg,

This means that an MX record points email addressed to user at domain to the
server but sendmail is not configured to accept mail for that domain.

Check the Cw and/or Fw macro's in your sendmail.cf file.

Mike

--
Mike Ashcraft, Sr. Network Engineer
epixtech, Inc.
M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com
801-223-5599 v      801-223-5202 f

                    Greg Strange
                    <gstrange at e-tsi        To:     Bind <bind-users at isc.org>
                    .com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     MX record loops back?
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    06/19/00 01:37
                    PM

Hello all,

Whenever I try and send an email through the command line sendmail, I get

server.icaweb.org. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)

And it quits.

Has anyone any idea what I have done wrong?  I think this is a nameserver
issue because I couldn't find it on any of the sendmail sites.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Strange