Up to 1 Minute for Name Resolution

Patrick Buedi buedi at gmx.net
Mon Jun 19 18:35:06 UTC 2000

Hallo,

I have installed Bind 4.9.x.x as Caching only Name Server on my
S.u.S.E. Linux 6.2. It works "great"... it resolves all my Names and
it work´s great as NameServer for all my Clients in the Network. The
Problem is, that the Name Resolution takes from 30 - 60 seconds. If a
name was resolved (and held in cache) it works incredible fast. But
the 1st request takes too long.
If I override my named on the Linux Box and use only the Nameserver
from my Provider (which uses my bind / named for resolution, also) it
takes only a split second to resolve the name. So I think the Problem
is in my bind / named configuration.

Can someone tell my where the fault could be? I could find nothing in
the HowTo´s included in my S.u.S.E. system... Hope someone can help.

Thank you very much in advance...

cu

Patrick!