Multiple domains from one server

Johan Petersson johpe159 at student.liu.se
Tue Jun 20 10:00:42 UTC 2000

Hello!

I have some questions about DNS.

I'm gonna setup a server for a company (bitmap-studios.com
and they will put their customers on that server, for example "unix.se". So I have setup a small network at home and trying to
learn about DNS before I put it on Internet.

I have put 3 entries in named.conf, db.bitmap-studios.com, db.unix.se and 37.147.223.in-addr.arpa. When I do a nslookup bitmap-studios.com and nslookup unix.se they point to the same IP. But when I do a nslookup 223.147.37.1 I only see bitmap-studios.com is that right ?

------37.147.223.in-addr.arpa-----------------------------
@       	IN  SOA  bitmap-studios.com. root.bitmap-studios.com. (
		2000060402	; serial
		86400		; refresh
		7200		; retry
		8640000		; expire
		86400 )		; minimum

		IN	NS	bitmap-studios.com.

1		IN	PTR	bitmap-studios.com.
1		IN	PTR	unix.se.

---------bitmap-studios.com------------------------------
; Zone bitmap-studios.com
@		IN	SOA	bitmap-studios.com. root.bitmap-studios.com. (
		2000060402	; serial
		86400		; refresh
		7200		; retry
		8640000		; expire
		86400 )		; minimum

		IN 	NS	bitmap-studios.com.
		IN	A	223.147.37.1
		IN	MX	50 bitmap-studios.com.

www		IN	CNAME	bitmap-studios.com.

I replaced bitmap-studios.com with unix.se in db.unix.se

best regards

--Johan