pointing domain to dynamic ip

jj the bouncing fish jj at privacy.net
Tue Jun 20 13:16:03 UTC 2000

Hello all

I have a dynamic ip address for one of my servers.  I 'solved' this with a
service similar to myip.org that gives me myserver.myip.org.

I recently obtained a domain (mydomain.ca).  I would like to point this new
domain to myserver.myip.org.

I thought I had the right idea with the following

mydomain.ca. IN NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
mydomain.ca. IN NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.
localhost.mydomain.ca. IN A 127.0.0.1 mydomain.ca. IN RP foo.bar.com.
admin.mydomain.ca.

mydomain.ca IN CNAME myserver.myip.org. ;EXTREF

My assumption is that bind gets to the cname and stops.  how can I get it
to lookup myserver.myip.org?

thanks