@home.lan

Thomas Gagne tgagne at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 21 10:54:57 UTC 2000

My home network is running beautifully.  I've setup my DNS as home.lan so as
not to confused anything on the internet.  My ISP is a dial-up account so I'm
not on all the time, my DHCP is updating my DNS whenever I plug my laptop into
my home network, and life is grand.

Now, if I could only figure out how to create a CNAME for an address not on my
LAN.  At work I've aliased the mail gateway to "smtp" so my mail client only
has to connect to "smtp."  When I'm at home, I want "smtp" aliased to
"smtp.ix.netcom.com."  Is this a job for DNS or is it a job for IP
masquerading?

--
For Open Source Middleware Visit http://home.netcom.com/~tgagne