Bind8 does every 4sec a DNS-lookup

Christian Birkmeier Christian.Birkmeier at at.siemens.de
Wed Jun 21 05:56:49 UTC 2000

Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <394F6197.173CCAC5 at intstar.com>,
> Gareth Bromley  <gbromley at intstar.com> wrote:
> >Christian Birkmeier wrote:
> >
> Actually, it will do that even if no one is querying.  When named starts
> up, it wants to get the current list of root servers from one of the
> servers in the hints file, so it sends out those queries spontaneously.

Aha,
and how can I stop this behavior. I already downloades the newest
root.hint file from rs.internic.net. Why does my ns wants the current
list of root servers?

Christian

ps.: I also found a mistake in my named.conf found in the forwarders
expression. And someone else told me the chache expression is also
wrong!
I correct the forwarders expression and removed the cache expression.