uswest dns?

Marc Ohmann respond at to.newsgroup.com
Wed Jun 21 13:16:10 UTC 2000

Here is my problem.  I am hosting two fully qualified domains and many
subdomains of each.  The first one that I started hosting (domain1.com)
I used uswest's nameservers.  Everything worked fine until I
startedhosting another domain (domain2.com).  For domain2.com I set up
my own
nameserver since uswest doesn't support more than one domain name.
domain2.com was now accessible from anywhere as long as it wasn't being
resolved by a uswest nameserver.  After many calls to uswest they tell
me that there is no problem and that they can't look into it because
they don't support multiple domains.  The only help they could give me
was to remove all entries from their dns and only use my dns.  So I did
this and now domain1.com isn't accessible from anywhere unless it
isbeing resolved by my dns.  And domain2.com still can't be resolved by
uswest nameservers but it can be by roadrunner's, usinternets, etc.

I am running bind and I was wondering if there is any chance that this
could be a problem in my setup?  My computer uses my dns server to
resolve names and everything works fine so I assume that the setup is
correct..  And since the other networks roadrunner's, usinternets, etc
can access domain2.com that also indicates that the setup is correct and
that it's a problem with uswest, am I right?

If anyone could shed some more light on this subject for me I would
really appreciate it.  I think that the only way I can get uswest to
realize that they have a problem is if I can call them and tell them
what the problem is.

Thanks,
marc