Vanishing domain

Ted Peterson ted at nicar.org
Wed Jun 21 14:21:33 UTC 2000

Barry,

Thanks!!  That was the problem.  I had been using whois to determine
if the name was registered at NSI properly, and thought it was, since
it said "Record expires on 30-Mar-2001".

   Record last updated on 06-Jun-2000.
   Record expires on 30-Mar-2001.
   Record created on 29-Mar-1996.
   Database last updated on 21-Jun-2000 03:01:55 EDT.

Thanks for helping us out of a real bind!

Cheers,
   Ted

From: Barry Margolin <barmar at genuity.net>

> In article <200006202211.RAA11279 at nicar.org>,
> Ted Peterson <ted at nicar.org> wrote:
> >The problem is that access to our nyabj.org domain seems to have
> >vanished from off-campus sites, but both noc.missouri.edu (our
> >secondary) and nicar.org (our primary) correctly resolve nyabj.org
> >and 128.206.183.212.  I'm wondering if there is a DNS cache
> >corruption somewhere.  I downloaded a new hints file from Internic
> >and cleared our DNS cache.  Thanks.
>
> https://www.networksolutions.com/payments says:
>
>              Invoice Number Amount Due
>             19598390          $35.00
>
>              Domain Name
>             nyabj.org
>
> Go to that page, enter your credit card info, and your domain should
> be back tomorrow.
>
> --
> Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
> Genuity, Burlington, MA
> *** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to newsgroups.
> Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to
> the group.

    Ted Peterson                  |  IRE/NICAR
      Webmaster                   |  http://www.ire.org
    (573) 882-2042                |  http://www.nicar.org