Incorrect NS in zone file ??

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Jun 21 21:48:32 UTC 2000

In article <sl27vdd5e7f88 at corp.supernews.com>,
Andrew Y. <apkaplan at yahoo.com> wrote:
>My customers can no longer access, www.crsymphony.org or send email. It
>appears that the name (but not the IP) of the name servers in the zone files
>have been changed. Is this correct. Do I need to wait until my DNS cache is
>updated. Below are some snippets of info, including snippets from my name
>servers named.log (206.165.153.1). Note my name sever shows a differnet NS
>that WHOIS.

That's because you queried the secondary server, ns2.mcleodusa.net, and it
still has the old NS records.  It looks like the NS records were changed on
the primary server, but the SOA serial number wasn't incremented, so the
secondary server never picked up the new version of the zone.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA