Strange thing in Bind8

Nuno Teixeira nuno.teixeira at pt-quorum.com
Thu Jun 22 20:17:59 UTC 2000

Hi,

No, the name "softfiles" was never defined in my server. I have about 300
subdomains related to 36 domains pointed to my server and it never happens.
This is a problem very difficult to explain to other people because is
strange. I'm not a GURU working with Linux, but I got some experience and
this never happens.

Note: The PING tests where made from inside the server!!! How can a thing
like this happens?

Solution: I tell my client to choose another subdomain?

--- When I add a new sub-domain I just add the following line to the Master:

sub.domain.com.     IN     A     192.167.0.1

and restart the named program.

It work with 299 subdomains, only this one does not.

Thanks very much,

Nuno Teixeira