MS WIn2K and NETLOGON Service Hung and looong boot time

Johnny Fribert Lauridsen jlaurids at cisco.com
Thu Jun 22 23:26:51 UTC 2000

Anyone seen the error message and the long boot times with Win2K and BIND DNS?
The error message in Win2K is: Netlogon service hung.
It takes about 8-10 minutes to get the Win2K machine to boot.
According to the guy I talked to, that has this problem, it does not happen with MS DNS code....
Maybe yet another MS 'feature'.  I am interested in experiences with this.
Thanks,
Johnny
Johnny Fribert Lauridsen
Cisco Systems Danmark A/S
Copenhagen Europe Center
Vesterbrogade 149
DK-1620 Copenhagen
Denmark
Phone: +45 33265936, Fax: +45 33265901, Mobile: +45 21461832
E-mail: fribert at cisco.com