Solaris7 and Bind8.2.2p5

James Conz james at firetower.com
Fri Jun 23 16:20:39 UTC 2000

James,

Make sure your /etc/nsswitch.conf file lists "dns" as a resource for host
name resolution:

hosts: files dns

By default, Solaris installs with just "files" for hosts.  This means that
your applications will only check your local /etc/hosts file and never use
DNS.

JC

   James Conz                    <james at firetower.com>
   FireTower, Inc.               ph 508/359-4490 x29
   Network & Security Services   fx 508/359-4466
- - - - - - - [http://www.firetower.com/] - - - - - - -
Security ~ Architecture & Design ~ Management & Support