MS DNS notify from BIND 8 master

Adrian Stovall AdrianS at pfk.com
Fri Jun 23 16:47:29 UTC 2000

I'm not new to many things, but DNS is one of them.  I have a RedHat 6.2
server running bind 8.2.something (sorry for the lack of info) which is the
primary for www.<domain1>.com.  I have an NT MS-DNS server that has a
secondary zone for www.<domain1>.com with he RedHat server's IP entered as a
master for this zone.  The NT machine's IP address is listed in the
also-notify list for jassys.com on the RedHat server's named.conf.

The problem is, I don't know how to get the zone to transfer.  An ndc
restart on the RedHat box didn't do it (several ndc restarts, acually), and
"Update Server Database" on the NT box didn't do it.

Any help would be appreciated, and more info is available on request.

Adrian Stovall
Senior Consultant
adrians at pfk.com

PFK Business Systems, Inc.