RFC2317 - Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation

J Odell JOdell at Tesla.Pantheon.NET
Sat Jun 24 06:30:53 UTC 2000

My new ISP uses the method as described in RFC2317 for arpa delegation, and
we have set it up on our servers (ours and ISP's).  It seems to work just
fine, in that I can resolve using nslookup, but I have some concern that PTR
lookups that have to process a CNAME to get to the final record may not be
acceptable and glitchless to all of the inquirers out there in the world.

Do you have any comments about problems or the lack of them using RFC2317
style delegations?

--
JOdell at Tesla.Pantheon.NET