Bind 8.2.2 Man Pages on HP-UX 10.20

Josh Mathias Capp jcapp at creighton.edu
Mon Jun 26 17:35:18 UTC 2000

I recently upgraded about a dozen of our HPUX 10.2 and 11.0 machines to
Bind 8.2.2P5.  After a bit of tweaking to the standard distribution, the
installs went pretty easily (thanks in part to hints gleaned from the list
archives).

Now however, I've run into a bit of a brick wall while trying to install
the man pages contained in the docs distribution.

All the little problems are too numerous to mention here, but I think it's
all centered on not having the correct formatting macros for a HPUX
system. Also, the Makefiles that are in the ./doc/man and ./doc/tmac
directories use BSD-style 'install' command options that cause 'make
install' to puke.

My question is this -- Has anyone successfuly installed the doc
distribution on an HPUX 10 or 11?  If so, what did your makefile look
like, and what utilities did you use to format and install the pages?

Thanks for all the help,

				Josh Capp
		           jcapp at creighton.edu
  		Asst. Unix Systems and Network Administrator
		    Creighton University Computer Center
		    | (402)280-1411 (office)		|
		    | (402)345-7783 (home)		|
		    | Computer Center			|