Running BIND for NT with DHCP doesn't work

King Wilder king at gizmobeach.com
Mon Jun 26 18:08:23 UTC 2000

I'm a Web Developer and I build my clients sites on my local machine which
is setup with BIND for NT.  I use domains such as gx.ddd.com on my
development machine which matches www.ddd.com on the live site.  This of
course helps differentiate between the two locations.

Everything was working fine for months until I signed up for DSL which says
to use Dynamic IP assigning.  Now I don't have access to my local domains.
Since I'm not an IT person and I've tried everything, I haven't figured out
how to get a connection to the Internet AND access my local domains.

If I change the TCP/IP protocol setting back to static and re-input all my
IP addresses I can access my local sites, but not the Internet.  And this,
of course, is not a reasonable solution.

I'm also using LinkSys Etherfast Cable/DSL router as a hub for a couple
other machines.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

King Wilder

--
Gizmo Beach