NAT and DNS - where to find more info

Mike Hale mhale at toua.net
Mon Jun 26 22:55:38 UTC 2000

I was wondering if anyone could give me a URL or a few kind words to help me
out with the following problem. I'm sure other ppl have done this easily.
I'm just a bit new at this.

I have a network that has all of it's internal IPs translated, 80 or so.
Externally the DNS works great and internally I have been using host files.
I want to start using an internal DNS Server to resolve the names.  My
external domain is authoritative for xxx.net which is my _real_ class C
address space. I would like an internal DNS authoritative for something like
internal.xxx.net which would be my 10.10.x.x address.

-    would I setup my internal machines to just point towards the internal
DNS? DNS would automatically know the external DNS exsists, or would I have
to use a redirector? My gateway is in the external address space so it's a
kind of important question.

Thanks for your time.

-Mike