logs cleared

Roberto roberto at jpcltd.co.jp
Tue Jun 27 06:19:11 UTC 2000

Hello,

I have a dns server running on a Linux box for more some time, it appears
that
everything was working withoud problems. Ttoday when I tried to see the log
files as usual, I found that all of them where cleared (named.log and
named.log.[123])
only named.log.4 had messages since 2 or 3 days ago.

Is this a normal behavior of named or there is something wrong with the set
up or
anything else?

The logging part of the named.conf is:

logging{
        channel local_log{
                /*
                 * Use file channel. The file is /var/log/named.log
                 * Keep 2 versions of the file and don't let it
                 * get bigger than 1Mb.
                 */
                file "/var/log/named.log" versions 2 size 1M;
                print-time yes;
        };
        category default{
                /*
                 * Send every log category to the
                 * local_log channel defined just above.
                 */
                local_log;
        };
};

Any light about this matter would be greately appreciated.

Thanks.

  Roberto Colqui.
  roberto at jpcltd.co.jp
  http://www.jpcltd.co.jp