W2K DNS won't go authoritative

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Tue Jun 27 11:57:36 UTC 2000

I'm helping as ISP setup BIND8/NT as slave to W2K DNS.  We cannot get the
W2K DNS to go authoritative for a zone.  In fact we can't get any of his 4
W2K DNS's to give out any auth answers.

We've looked closely at the W2K dns\zone files and see no syntax errors,
the usual pb when BIND won't answer authoritatively.  W2K DNS still writes
zone files that are BIND compatible.

The zone is fravistat.com.  The W2K DNS is ns1.fravistat.com.

This is so systematic that we smell a bug, but I have, for another ISP,
setup a BIND8/NT slave that found a W2K DNS auth and transferred zones.

Take a look please

Thanks,
Len