Bind 4

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jun 27 17:36:46 UTC 2000

In article <000201bfdfff$ebf7bfc0$dfc9cad8 at planetisp.net>,
Lary Holland <laryh at planet-isp.net> wrote:
>I still have a Bind 4 Server in production that is not going to be switched
>over for about another 2 months.
>
>I continually get the following types of messages in the logs and can not
>determine where to change any settings. Unlike Bind 8 where everything can
>be modified in named.conf.

All the errors in the log you quoted are due to misconfigurations at remote
locations, not due to problems with your configuration (in general, "Lame
server" errors are not your own problem unless either the domain or the
server IP address mentioned in the message belongs to you).

BIND 4 provides no way to customize logging, so you'll have to suffer
through them for another 2 months.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA