Help... DNS Structuring Question!

Amir sorvih1 at isdn.net.il
Thu Jun 29 21:22:38 UTC 2000

by entering the sub-domains NS records into the parent domain , i make that
parent domain
"know" about his child-domains , which is fine.. the point is , how do i
make those
child domains know him specifically , again , not by root .. specifically
him
why cant i just put his NS into the cache file ?
i mean , the cache file has entries of the root servers  , like this :
.	IN NS	<somerootserver>
<somerootserver	IN A	<SOMEIP>

so it seems logical to me that putting in this file

a.com	IN NS	<hostname of ns for a.com>
<hostname of ns for a.com> IN A <its-ip>

but that doesnt work.. but why doesnt it ??

thanks ,
amir