Internal and External DNS servers, With intranet IP's and Real IP 's

Johnny Damtoft JOD at sonofon.dk
Fri Jun 30 09:57:23 UTC 2000

Hi there..

We have 2 sets of Nameservers, and now im trying to make things easyer.

I have 2 External DNS Servers, and 2 Internals. Hosting the same Domain
(SONOFON.DK) But the internal DNS Server contains IntraNet IP's and it also
contains all the records that the 2 External DNS Servers has.

So i have 2 sets of DNS Servers, and everytime i have to edit the external
domain, i have to edit the internal and the external DNS Servers.

I would like to edit one set of DNS Servers. So is it posible to get the
external records into the internal DNS Server by asking for it? Like an
include, but over the lan? (no NFS)

We are using BIND8.2.2-P5

I hope that you can help me :)

Med venlig hilsen  /  Best regards

             Johnny Damtoft - jod at sonofon.dk
             UNIX Systemadministrator

             SONOFON A/S
             Skelagervej 1
             9100 Aalborg
             Denmark
Tel:         +45 7212 1212

Direct:      +45 7212 7632
Fax:         +45 7212 7989 - Att: Johnny Damtoft (JOD)

Microsoft:   "where do you want to go today?"
Linux:       "where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD/UNIX:    "are you guys coming, or what?"