which servers get a notify request?

Josh Higham bindadmin at bigsky.net
Fri Mar 24 17:14:48 UTC 2000

Sorry about the duplicate post; I wasn't sure whether the initial post was
rejected, or was sent to moderators.

> If you have a hidden primary then the SOA MNAME field should
> be the name of the hidden primary.  The soa record is not looked
> at to determine who to query for information about the zone.

Then what is it used for?  I think I can change it without ill effect, but
I'd like to get some more information about what it is actually used for.  I
understand that the contact information is there for human consumption; is
the SOA nameserver also for human consumption?  Is it unused?

Thanks,

Josh