Zone transfer refused

Martijn van Katwijk mkatwijk at aaa.nl
Tue Mar 28 07:34:17 UTC 2000

Goodmorning,

We use Bind 8.2.2 pl5 on Solaris 2.6. We have it up and running some time now.

Since a few days/weeks it refuses zone transfers from our main domain. Zone
transfers for other domains are not refused. For a transfer of our main
domain I get a RCODE=REFUSED.

In my conf I do not use allow-transfer, so ALL transfers should be possible.

Plus I have this sendmail problem for some mailservers, related to the same
problem I think.

Syslog:
Mar 28 08:54:35 pandora.bicycle.nl sendmail[17789]: LAA05740:
to=<yahoo at nci.nl>, ctladdr=<nobody at willy> (60001/60001), delay=2+20:07:57,
xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=esmtp, relay=fallback.nl.uu.net. [193.79.237.170],
stat=Deferred: 453 4.4.3 Policy analysis reports temporary DNS error with
your source domain.

Thusfar I haven't found any temporary DNS error.

Could someone suggest some tests, or has any ideas?
Thanks,
Martijn

Martijn van Katwijk
AAA on Internet