Address Sorting NOT in V8

craigjca at my-deja.com craigjca at my-deja.com
Wed Mar 29 23:50:07 UTC 2000

Thanks for you help Kevin - but I'm still having trouble.  I looked
through the distribution from ISC that I have, but can't find anything
that looks like documentation outside of a few README's and some
compiling help.  Checked ISC's website and while they do talk about the
ACL syntax, it doesn't explain what the "22's" are for in your post.

While I was able to get BIND to accept a variant on your example, BIND
still roundrobins the addresses.

In article <38E27BED.30BABA21 at daimlerchrysler.com>,
Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
> craigjca at my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > No, sortlists are not what I really want.
>
> Are you sure? See below.
>
> > What I really want is the
> > feature the developers of BIND 8 conveniently left out (see
paragraph 3
> > on page 240 of the 3rd edition O'Reilly book).
>
> Yes, they took out address sorting altogether for a while in BIND 8.
But
> they added sortlist and rrset-order back in as of 8.2, which is
subsequent
> to the 3rd Edition of the O'Reilly book. So, reading the book may
leave you
> with the impression that address sorting is impossible with BIND 8.
But

<craigjca at my-deja.com>