puzzling BIND error on granitecanyon Public DNS

ahmontgo at my-deja.com ahmontgo at my-deja.com
Thu Mar 30 08:13:53 UTC 2000

Apologies for this post, but I've tried various iterations of my zone record
and nothing seems to work.

I get a BIND error on www.granitecanyon.com of:

====== master zone "constructivism.org" (IN) rejected due to errors (serial
153763880) no NS RRs found at zone top ======

despite having copied the example zone file line for line, replacing where
necessary, producing the following

======
; Name Servers

constructivism.org.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
constructivism.org.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

; multiple RP records authorize others to submit zone changes
; from the email address in the first field after the RP
; This email address is in DNS-email format. That is,
; the '@' (at-sign) is replaced by '.' (dot or period.)

constructivism.org.  IN  RP ahm.stanford.edu.
Alex.Montgomery.constructivism.org.

Alex.Montgomery.constructivism.org.    IN  TXT "Alex Montgomery"

; addresses for the canonical names
; Many emailers expect the name localhost to exist
; in a domain with this specific, reserved address.
; 127/8 or 127/255.0.0.0 is the address of LOOPBACK-NET
; 127.0.0.1 is reserved to mean this host on the LOOPBACK-NET
localhost.constructivism.org.   IN  A  127.0.0.1

; an address for the zone itself

constructivism.org.       IN  A  209.85.70.11

======

Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.