help! bind sending out packets constantly

loundry loundry at my-deja.com
Thu Mar 30 17:28:03 UTC 2000

I am running a version of bind 8 on Linux.  I've noticed strange
behavior from named in two ways.  I noticed that it would occasionally
stop answering queries.  I would bounce it a few times to get it to work
again.  I ran iptraf to see traffic, and I noticed that named was
sending UDP packets to all the root nameservers and to the two
nameservers of my ISP constantly.  It wasn't getting any replies, it was
just sending packets to all of those servers over and over again.

Has anyone seen this behavior?  How do I stop it?

Jimmy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.