help with RR on granitecanyon.com

Mark maggelet at mminternet.com
Thu Mar 30 21:42:34 UTC 2000

Hi there
I registered my domain (buscaamigos.com) at joker.com and I want to
use granitecanyon's free dns service to nameserver it to my IP. I
copied the example they gave but when i run:

dnsquery -n ns1.granitecanyon.com buscaamigos.com

I get:
Query failed (h_errno = 4) : No address associated with name

here's my RR:

; Name Server (NS) records.
buscaamigos.com.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
buscaamigos.com.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

; Address (A) records.
localhost.buscaamigos.com.  IN A      127.0.0.1

foo.buscaamigos.com.  IN  A  216.86.192.132

; Aliases in Canonical Name (CNAME) records...
ftp.buscaamigos.com.        IN CNAME  foo.buscaamigos.com.
www.buscaamigos.com.        IN CNAME  foo.buscaamigos.com.

I put foo.buscaamigos.com because I wasn't sure what goes there. I'm
on a DSL and the machine is my pc (win95) it doesn't have a name as
far as I know.

any ideas?

tia,
- Mark