Help with Granite Canyon

Don Cole dcole at buybathware.com
Fri Mar 31 07:20:13 UTC 2000

I'm sure there are a ton of these requests but I'm trying to figure out the
DNS entries required to get a site entry correct.  I have read the examples
but they aren't a lot of help (I may end up ordering the DNS & Bind book).

Here is what I have entered on soa.granitecanyone.com for the
chucklefarm.com domain.  Can anyone let me know if this looks okay and
specifically what a few of the entries mean (in particular the last entry on
the RP line)?  And do I need entries for www.chucklefarm.com or the
localhost.chucklefarm.com (I saw this listed somewhere)?

Thanks,
Don Cole
dcole at buybathware.com

; Name Servers

chucklefarm.com.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
chucklefarm.com.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

chucklefarm.com.   IN   RP   thecoles.home.com. chucklefarm.com.

chucklefarm.com. IN  TXT  "Don Cole, Nic Handle: DOCO7"

chucklefarm.com.  IN  A  24.15.141.80

localhost.chucklefarm.com.  IN  A  127.0.0.1