cannot find host named

Leo Vegoda bind at bind.org
Mon Mar 6 17:37:39 UTC 2000

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 01:12:03PM +0000, in message <8a0ar0$m09$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, frederic.schwien at wanadoo.fr (frederic.schwien at wanadoo.fr) wrote: Re: cannot find host named
> hi,
>
> my domain webmails.com disapeared from ROOT SERVERS , suddently.
>
> We did not make any change in our bind configuration. And I do not know
> where this error comes from . we are still in the "whois" bases, and DNS
> servers are ok in the domain registration configuration.
>
> My local DNS can resolve it, but any other DNS server can't.
>
> do somebody have any information?
>
> ip www.webmails.com 212.37.222.220
> ns : ns.webmails.com 212.37.222.221

Possibile reasons include a Domain Name dispute or Invoice that has
not been paid. In either case you should have been notified by NSI.

NSI are very bad at sending snail mail to Europe (I once received a
letter 12 weeks after they had de-activated the domain).

IMO the problem is likely to be human, rather thn technical, in
nature.

Regards,

-leo