unapproved update

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Mar 9 21:05:05 UTC 2000

In article <002b01bf8a09$71d7cc90$f0f066cf at tantalus>,
Martin Brown <martin at tantalus.com> wrote:

>haha, ya well.. .blah isn't the IP I had added to the allow-transfer in my
>named.conf.
>
>I did have the IP there, and I restarted named.  It still wasn't working.

I know you meant "blah" as a substitute for the real address, and I was
referring to it in the same fashion.

That error message specifically means that the IP address that's trying to
perform a zone transfer isn't in the allow-transfer list.  That's what
"(acl)" refers to (acl is short for access control list).

Are you sure you updated the correct named.conf file (I've occasionally
encountered people editing something like /var/named/named.conf rather than
/etc/named.conf)?  Can you post your named.conf file (please don't
obfuscate the names and addresses)?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com