Eliminating the "www" Portion of a URL

Paul Scott pscott at edencomputers.com
Mon Mar 13 05:20:57 UTC 2000

How can I setup my zone records for each of the domains that I host so that
the "www" portion of an address does not need to be entered when browsing to
a site's URL?  I have tried and tried to get this functionality, but cannot
seem to figure it out.  It seems that it would be as simple as the
following:

domain.com.    IN    A 216.132.25.7

www            IN    A 216.132.15.11
domain.com     IN CNAME www

But this does not work, since the www address is an NT server running IIS
and domain.com. is already pointing to 216.132.25.7 (the primary DNS
server).

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Scott
Eden Computers
1700 E. Garry Avenue, Suite # 231
Santa Ana, CA  92705