Eliminating the "www" Portion of a URL

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Mar 13 19:04:16 UTC 2000

How about simply not listening to the SMTP port on your web server? The only
downside is that if the web server is *sending* mail, what do you do with
bounces and replies? Solution: configure MX records for your web server to
point to a mail server, and then configure the mail server to accept the mail
on the web server's behalf.

- Kevin