Multiple registrar headache

Christine Tran Christine.Tran at east.sun.com
Mon Mar 13 19:54:34 UTC 2000

Hi there, just a little rant, no action necessary.

Here's something that put me in a hissy fit.  We have blat.com domain but
not ns1.blat.com.  blat.com is served elsewhere; it's registered with
NetSol.  Recently our client's partners & subs switched to Register.com.
They find that they can't designate ns1.blat.com (a new box we just built)
to serve new domains they registered with Register.com.  Why?  Because
blat.com registrar is NetSol.  I have to go the NetSol to register the host.
The implication is I'm still tied to one registrar.  If I were an ISP or
merger-lomanic conglomerate taking over a bunch of little companies, I'm
forced to go to individual registrars to change host information instead
of doing it all with one fell swoop.  What a pain!  Either that or pay
to switch registrars.  I don't think this is working out well, or am I
just  being trivial?

CT