prefer a dual-file db for DDNS

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at nominum.com
Mon Mar 13 19:30:22 UTC 2000

> How are static IPs added to DNS when running the Dynamic update
> dhcpd server?  I've been stopping named, editing the (messy) db
> files by hand, and restarting named.

Isn't there a dns update command that comes with named?   I'd suggest
using that rather than editing the db file directly.   I agree with
you that that method is messy, although I will admit that that's what
I do too.

The long-term solution to this is to have lease database entries for
static clients as well as dynamic, but this won't be present in 3.0.
:'(

			       _MelloN_