memget errors in bindlog

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sat Mar 18 00:30:33 UTC 2000

> We have a machine running bind 8.2.2p5 on solaris 7.  Although this
> machine is specifically used only for named, it is a primary for the
> company and gets slammed with queries hard.  It is an Ultra10 440 with a
>
> gig of RAM.  The problem is this:
> If I do not set the datasize for the cache, named will run to a certain
> point of memory (not exactly sure of how much, still trying to capture
> that data) size and just die.  It does not flush its own cache, (first
> in, first out) it just dies.

	See limit/ulimit for what the per process memory limit is set to.
	"options { datasize #; };" just sets that limit.

	Since you have 1G of memory why don't you just set the per process
	limit to 900M.  Also make sure you have enough swap to cope when named
	forks to invoke named-xfer for incoming zone transfers.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com