Granite Canyon, Is my DNS entry OK?

Steve Senator sts+bind-users at senator.colospgs.co.us
Sat Mar 18 05:47:02 UTC 2000

The query you performed on ns1.granitecanyon.com proves
that it is serving the correct data for teleschool.org.
If the domain isn't resolving when you use a standard
utility (like ping) but is when you're using dig then
perhaps:
 - You aren't using a DNS resolver library, and are using
   some other naming service (like NIS/YP or /etc/hosts).
   If you are on Solaris check /etc/nsswitch.conf.
   If you are on a BSD derivative, check /etc/host.conf
 - Your DNS resolver library is misconfigured.
 - Your DNS system is isolated from the public Internet.
 - The DNS server that your resolver library is configured
   to use is not reachable due to a routing blockage.

The above are more or less in order of likelihood of the
cause.