Eliminating the "www" Portion of a URL

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Mar 21 05:12:22 UTC 2000

> Richard,
>
> I tried exactly as you said to do and it did not work:

	It did work.

	<ftp://edenaudio.com> and <ftp://www.edenaudio.com> both get
	me to the same box (jupiter) :-)

	If you are having problems with <http://www.edenaudio.com>
	vs <http://edenaudio.com> you need to look at your http server
	configuration and ensure that they map to the same space.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com