bind-8.2.2-P3 crash, -P5 no better
unitfj-bind at tfj.rnd.uni-c.dk
Tue Mar 21 12:16:35 UTC 2000
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 12:01:46AM +1100, Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:
> It is a known bug, that is fixed in the next release.
> It is the result of removing a zone while a notify is pending.
Which next release?
Today bind-8.2.2-P5 crashed for me with the very same error:
ns named: ns_notify.c:353: INSIST((zp->z_flags & Z_NOTIFY) != 0) failed.
What i did was:
1) set up ns-soa.darenet.dk up as a slave for three new zones.
2) ndc reconfig (to add the new zones)
3) Now, I discovered that the path in the file directives were wrong.
4) commented out the new zones in named.conf
5) ndc reconfig (to remove the new zones)
6) corrected the paths in the file directives and uncommented the zones
7) ndc reconfig (to add the new zones again)
[ crash! ]
Is there a more non-destructive way to correct a wrong slave
> > Jan 11 11:13:37 ns named: Sent NOTIFY for "jernfilter.dk IN SOA" (jern
> > fil
> > ter.dk); 1 NS, 1 A
> > Jan 11 11:13:37 ns named: ns_notify.c:353: INSIST((zp->z_flags & Z_NOT
> > ET 1999 root at ns.darenet.dk:/usr/local/src/bind-8.2.2-P3/src/bin/named
> > Oh no. And tomorrow I leave for vacation. It won't happen again. Or?d
Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Netdriftgruppen / Network Management Group
Tlf./Phone +45 35 87 89 41 Mail: UNI-C
Fax. +45 35 87 89 90 Bygning 304
E-mail: torben.fjerdingstad at uni-c.dk DK-2800 Lyngby
More information about the bind-users