how to make BIND-4.9.7 act on NOTIFY?

Mathias Koerber mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
Wed May 31 01:45:06 UTC 2000

BIND-4.9.7 does not fully implement NOTIFY as per RFC (something different with
the timings).
Thus, turning on the NOTIFY compile option does not look like a good
idea.

However, I would like my BIND-4.9.7 server to act on received NOTIFY messages.

Both (sending and acting on NOTIFY) seem to be controlled by the same
ifdef.

Could anyone very knowledgable with the source give me some hints
how to change the #ifdef's so that it only acts on received NOTIFY,
but will not send any?

thx and regards

Mathias Koerber	  | Tel: +65 / 471 9820    |   mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
SingNet NOC	  | Fax: +65 / 475 3273    |            mathias at koerber.org
Q'town Tel. Exch. | PGP: Keyid: 768/25E082BD, finger mathias at singnet.com.sg
2 Stirling Rd     |      1A 8B FC D4 93 F1 9A FC BD 98 A3 1A 0E 73 01 65
S'pore 148943     | Disclaimer: I speak only for myself
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *