8.2.2p5 for NT hanging?

joet joet at jtcs.net
Mon May 8 23:17:03 UTC 2000

I compiled 8.2.2p5 with VC++ and everything seemed fine on my NT 4.0
SP5 system.

Unfortunately, a couple days later named simply stopped responding.
Stopping and then starting it from the control app got it working again.
Next day it stopped again.  I rebooted this time.  After a while it hung
again.  I found a precompiled version someone in this NG someone pointed
to and installed it.  Same thing.  No rhyme or reason on how long it'll
stay up.  Sometime it's days, other times it's hours.  I have a lot of
logging on and the log file always seems to end several hours before it
hangs.  Stopping and starting it from the control program resumes writing
in the file, leaving the multiple hour time gap.

I had been running 4.9.5 forever with absolutely no problems.

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?

--
+---- joe tomkowitz ----+ When something doesn't work, really force it