A clarification of RFC2182 Listed Server

Ray Buschur rbuschur at mailsrv2.mitre.org
Mon May 1 19:27:16 UTC 2000

I am reviewing several RFCs related to DNS and DNS policies and practices.
While reading RFC 2182, I came across the term "listed server".  My question
is really what are listed servers...I read the definition, but am still
confused.  I thought they were the delegation servers, but could be read to
mean something else.  Is it:

A.  the servers identified on the delegation NS records in the parent zone

B.  the servers identified as announced secondary NS records inside the zone
itself

C.  All the servers in both A & B above

D.  Really lost and need help

thanks for the help.