who hosts my domain name - my own nameserver?

Ben Walker walker at mza.com
Tue May 2 00:31:24 UTC 2000

In article <390E19F6.22C083B6 at netscape.net>,
Netscape  <browser at netscape.net> wrote:
>if I pay for my own domain name from Internic
>can I have that domain name hosted by my isp's dns servers
>and then setup my own isp with a single static ip address given to me by
>my isp?

Sure, except I think you mean setup your own name server, not your own ISP.
You will have to have a secondary server, however.  You could get a second
static IP address and host a secondary server on another machine, or have your
ISP or someone else run a secondary for you on one of their servers.  The
secondary will just pull the data from your primary server, you will still
control your own DNS data.