ISC BIND 8 for NT won't start

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Tue May 2 08:24:13 UTC 2000

Hi David,

>When I try to start bind, I get a Dr. Watson Exception access
>violation.

I run BIND 8.2.2p5 on NT workstation and I've helped a lot of others run up
BIND NT NT4.  I haven't seen Dr Watson from BIND once in my experience nor
in the BIND user's list.

>  The error in the application log reads interrogated with
>named as the source.  I'm running NT40 Workstation.  Is this an
>indication of a known problem?  Any ideas?

You might stop by my site: http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com and see if anything
there gives you some ideas.  But certainly nothing on my site is specific
to your pb, which sounds like the usual NT scrogged set of .dll's and
various instabilities and incompatibilities that NT can have, usually fixed
by a full re-install of NT.

Len