Changing IP-block

Pål Sollie sollie at saint-etienne.no
Tue May 9 22:24:46 UTC 2000

I'm administrating two small nameservers (one class C IP-range and a
couple of domains). In a few months we'll be switching providers. How
should I best prepare myself for the change? The nameservers will also
be assigned new IP's. As this is a low-budget operation, funded by the
city, I don't have too much hardware available, so I'll have to make
it work with the two servers I use today. Should I adjust the TTL and
expire-records some time in advance? What about moving one server at a
time? I can probably arrange to put one of the servers over on the new
providers net some time in advance, as these are low-traffic
servers. Any ideas are welcome.

--
Pål Sollie
sparkz at ikke.no