Mail Record Problem?

ctobola at rrnet.com ctobola at rrnet.com
Tue May 9 22:23:15 UTC 2000

While the web page works fine, I get a 'host name lookup failure" on mail
sent to fakedomain.com, which is a virtual domain hosted on my main
server--ns1.tobola.com. (I've changed the real domain to fakedomain.com
protect the innocent.)

Could someone take a look at the host file below and tell me what I'm
doing wrong?

Thanks, in advance!  -Cloy

=======================file starts here========================
@               IN      SOA     ns1.tobola.com. root.tobola.com. (
                        2000050900 ; serial
                        28800 ; refresh
                        14400 ; retry
                        66000 ; expire
                        86400 ; default_ttl
                        );
                        IN      NS      ns1.tobola.com.
                        IN      NS      ns2.icnt1.com.
                        IN      A       216.161.238.89

www                     IN      CNAME   fakedomain.com.
ftp                     IN      CNAME   fakedomain.com.
mail                    IN      A       216.161.238.89
fakedomain.com.         IN      MX      mail.tobola.com.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.