BIND Exiting on Signal 10 ?

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at bart.nl
Thu May 11 08:52:37 UTC 2000

-On [20000509 20:00], mrgigabyte at hotmail.com (mrgigabyte at hotmail.com) wrote:
>I am trying to solve a problem with BIND exiting on Signal 10. This
>occurs with some regularity of approximately every 8 to 10 days.
>
>I am running BIND 8.2, FreeBSD 3.2

I think you would do best to upgrade to 3.4-STABLE.

This at least includes 8.2.2-p5, I have a patch from 8.2.3 which fixes
the notify problem if you need that.

Run two nameservers here based on STABLE with 8.2.2-p5 and my own patch
for over 69 days now.

Also, I haven't heard any problems with regard to 3.2 and BIND
generating bus errors or else I would have been on the case by now. =)

You could just cvsup the /usr/src to RELENG_3, do a buildworld [make
sure /etc/make.conf reflects what you want], and when you have the
chance, make installworld.

This process should be explained thoroughly on the www.freebsd.org site
under the documentation links.  If it is _not_ sufficient, please let
freebsd-doc at freebsd.org know so that we can update the information.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok at via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands