NS records

Stephen Carville carville at ugsolutions.com
Fri May 12 00:08:38 UTC 2000

I just want to make sure that I am reading DNS and Bind correctly.

I am adding two new nameservers called -- not too originally -- ns0 and
ns1.  These will, eventually be the registered nameservers for the
ugsolutions.com domain.  Both are slaves rights now tho one will probably
become a master server someday.  As near as I can tell, these nameserver have
to have an NS record in the foward zone file and I can add other servers there
even if they are not registered. Am I reading the instructions correctly?

Is there any advantage to listing more than the two registered servers?