Newbye doubt... I can't find help in any FAQ's

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri May 12 22:02:58 UTC 2000

In article <8fhq6b$r3g$1 at talia.mad.ttd.net>,
c3lt4 <celtaNOSPAMPLEASE at retemail.es> wrote:
>   I'd like to know what happens if after I create a DNS entry with Granite
>Cayon, my ISP desn't accept to re-delegate the in-addr domain ?
>    It still redirect all trafic for mydomain.com to my static IP ?
>    I don't know if I'm clear in my question. My ISP refuses to re-delegate
>it. The first idea was to run my own primary DNS server, but I don't know if
>I can run it whithout having control over my in-addr domain.

You seem to be very confused.  Delegation of the in-addr.arpa domain has
nothing to do with where traffic for your forward domain is sent.  Most
consumer ISPs don't delegate reverse DNS, but you can usually get by
without any problems even though your reverse DNS still points to a name in
your ISP's domain.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA